Real Estate Litigation Strategies provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for litigating real estate disputes. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through the process of gathering key information and building a successful case. These top lawyers offer advice on understanding a client's objectives, keeping up-to-date on noteworthy trends, managing complex situations, and avoiding common mistakes. From conducting depositions to using experts in litigation, these attorneys reveal many of the crucial steps to take in both the discovery and trial processes. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this complex area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Richard Bernstein, Partner, Litigation Department, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP - "Success in Real Estate Litigation"
2. Craig S. Rutenberg, Partner, Manatt Phelps & Phillips LLP - "Knowing the Client's Case: Proactive Strategies to Overcome Challenges in Real Estate Litigation"
3. William J. McSherry Jr., Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP - "Effective Real Estate Litigation Strategies After 'Foreclosuregate'"
4. Elizabeth A. Sperling, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP - "Using Experts and Litigation Plans to Develop Successful Real Estate Litigation Strategies"
5. Peter Zlotnick, Member, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo PC - "Using Mechanic's Liens to Gain Leverage Over Other Creditors of a Distressed Real Estate Development Project"
6. Lawrence P. Rochefort, Shareholder and Chair, West Palm Beach Litigation Department, Akerman Senterfitt LLP - "Strategies for Lenders' Counsel in Commercial Foreclosures"
7. Todd A. Rowden, Partner and Vice-Chair, Business Litigation Group, Thompson Coburn LLP, and David B. Altman, Attorney at Law - "Use of Receivers to Sell Foreclosure Properties"
Appendix A: Motion for Order to Show Cause (Re Final Judgment of Foreclosure)
Appendix B: Motion to Enforce Assignment of Rents
Appendix C: Motion for Order to Show Cause (Re Payment)
Appendix D: Verified Motion for Appointment of a Receiver